Metal steps come in a variety of forms. From solid plate, perforated plate, expanded metal and bar grating to diamond plate, serrated plank and dimple plate; metal steps can be fabricated from different products to meet the needs of the environment.
Metal steps coated with an all metal SlipNOT® surface provide 100% slip resistant traction in every direction, keeping pedestrians and workers safe. They are easily cleaned with a power washer and stiff bristled brush. SlipNOT® metal steps exceed the OSHA recommended coefficient of friction for slip resistant stairs (OSHA Standard 1910.24F).
SlipNOT® metal steps easily fit your needs:
- Metal steps are available in steel, stainless steel and aluminum. The steel surface can be galvanized, creating a cost effective corrosion resistant metal step.
- SlipNOT® metal steps can be constructed from solid metal plate, perforated plate, expanded metal or bar grating.
- Metal steps can be fabricated to a specific size for easy installation.
- Metal steps can be easily retrofitted over existing stairs, creating an instantly safe walking area.
- SlipNOT® metal steps can be built into new stair construction or can completely replace old slippery stairs.
- Aluminum metal steps can be coated with steel SlipNOT® or stainless steel SlipNOT®for a lightweight alternative.
- Metal steps can be provided with countersunk holes or can be welded into place.
- SlipNOT® metal steps are available with a nosing only, a riser and nosing or can be formed into a channel.
- Metal steps coated with steel SlipNOT® are generally used in rough conditions such as steel mills, manufacturing facilities and oil rigs.
- Metal steps coated with stainless steel SlipNOT® can be used in areas that come into contact with harsh cleaning chemicals and elements such as grease and oil that are commonly found in food processing facilities.
- SlipNOT® aluminum metal steps are used when a lightweight product is needed. Aerospace companies use these metal steps on their tooling platforms that are moved from location to location.
While SlipNOT® metal steps are not appropriate for residential use or in place where bare feet might come into contact with them, they are a necessity for safety in industrial and commercial environments.