SlipNOT® ADA flooring includes aluminum plank with a diagonal punched pattern. Aluminum plank provides a slip resistant surface in all directions of travel and is an excellent long term solution for all types of pedestrian walkways, entrance ways and other types of ADA accessibility. SlipNOT® manufactures several ADA products that comply with both accessibility and coefficient of friction requirements, from bar grating to plank in versatile styles.
- Aluminum plank thicknesses: 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2”, 1-3/4”, 2”, 2-1/4”, 2-1/2”
- ADA flooring widths: 6”- 36”
- ADA flooring lengths: up to 20′
- Aluminum plank can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surfaces: Aluminum Surface on Aluminum, Steel Surface on Aluminum, Stainless Steel Surface on Aluminum.
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill or Painted
- ADA plank is available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium) or Grade 3 (Coarse – steel surface only)
- Available trim or load banded
- Standard tolerance: + / – 1/4”
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® products varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® ADA products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® ADA flooring your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Advantages: Aluminum plank provides a slip resistant walking surface that meets the ADA requirements for wheelchair accessibility and high heel foot traffic. The unique diagonal punched pattern offers a level walking surface that provides maximum foot contact and comfort.
- Availability: ADA products can be purchased in stock sizes or cut to size and custom formed for specific project requirements.
- Durability: ADA plank flooring coated with aluminum has a bond strength of at least 2,000 psi. If coated with steel or stainless steel SlipNOT® ADA plank has a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Environments: SlipNOT®’s non-slip stainless steel coated products test for microbiological and fungal matter the same as normal stainless steel products. SlipNOT® premier products can withstand the extreme cold of cryogenics and heat of cookers and steamers, as well as daily washdowns and caustic cleaning agents. Molten glass and metal milling facilities use SlipNOT® because of its ability to withstand extreme temperature ranges. Easy to install, SlipNOT® products create little installation down time. SlipNOT® is a low maintenance, sanitary solution for slippery areas in bottling facilities, freezers, packaging and processing areas, platforms, catwalks, crossovers, and many others.
- Fabrication: Non-slip ADA flooring can be sheared, welded, flame cut, torch cut, laser or water jet cut, plasma cut, countersunk and drilled for complete versatility, both in the shop and field. (Fabricating Instructions)
- Pattern: ADA plank is provided with a diagonal punched pattern.
- Slip Resistant Standards: Aluminum plank meets and exceeds all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85.
- SlipNOT® aluminum plank far exceeds all ADA requirements.
- See all Standards and Test Results
Below is a common example of punched plank. Other styles available upon request.
SlipNOT® products are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example product applications to learn more:
- Aerial platforms
- ADA slip resistant ramps
- Anti-slip walkways
- Bridge decking
- Mass transit platforms
- Non-skid marine and ship decks
- Truck platforms/decks
- Operator platforms
- Sidewalk grating
- Public access ways
For all quote inquiries on SlipNOT® ADA plank, please contact Ohio Gratings at 800-321-9800. Ohio Grating manufactures various forms of plank with the SlipNOT® coating already applied to it. Please let us know if you have any questions.
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|