SlipNOT® slip resistant drain covers and trench drain covers are designed for applications where durability and safety are critical. Many food and beverage processing plants utilize SlipNOT® stainless steel drain covers to keep workers safe in a wet, greasy and slippery work environments. SlipNOT® drain covers are grit free so they will not contaminate the end product or ruin expensive machinery. SlipNOT® drain covers are also utilized in amusement parks, stadiums, automotive plants and many other diverse industries. Trench drain covers rest on an angle or frame and can be easily attached by saddle slips or grating clamps. Clients can send in existing covers to be coated with SlipNOT® or SlipNOT® can design and manufacture a drain cover to specifications. Whether it’s a sanitary drain, catch basin drain or trench style drain, SlipNOT® can meet the requirements of any project.
- Drain cover thicknesses: customer specific
- Drain cover widths: customer specific
- Drain cover lengths: customer specific
- Trench drain covers and other styles can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surfaces: Aluminum Surface on Aluminum, Stainless Steel Surface on Stainless, and Steel Surface on Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill, Painted or Galvanized (steel surface only)
- Drain covers are available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium), Grade 3 (Course- steel surface only)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Surface Drains (33 44 60), Surface Trench Drains (33 46 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Standard tolerance: Mill (for stock sizes), or ¼” (for customer specified sizes)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® drain covers varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Options: SlipNOT® stainless steel drain covers can also be ordered through several drain cover manufacturers such as http://www.stainlessdrains.com/slipnot-flooring.html. The SlipNOT® surface can be ordered in addition to any shape, alloy or style of metal drain.
- Advantages:SlipNOT® non-slip metal drain covers are durable and long lasting. They provide a permanently safe replacement for bare metal slippery drain covers or plastic temporary covers. SlipNOT® products are approved by NSF International for use in food processing facilities. SlipNOT® aluminum drain covers can be coated with steel or stainless steel to provide maximum versatility in any environment.
- Availability:SlipNOT® slip resistant trench drain covers can be custom formed in order to meet specific project requirements. Drain covers can be constructed from SlipNOT® supplied plate, perforated plate, expanded metal or grating. SlipNOT® can also coat customer supplied drain covers.
- Care: The most effective cleaning method is with a steam cleaner or power washer. Debris can be removed with a stiff bristle brush. SlipNOT® recommends testing any chemical cleaning agent on a sample provided by SlipNOT® to verify that it is safe to use on the SlipNOT® surface. Organic based stains, such as grease or oil, can be removed with standard organic solvents. Some scrubbing may be required.
- Durability: Drain covers coated with aluminum SlipNOT® have a bond strength of at least 2,000 psi. If coated with steel or stainless steel SlipNOT® drain covers have a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Environments: SlipNOT®’s non-slip stainless steel drain covers test for microbiological and fungal matter the same as normal stainless steel products. SlipNOT® premier products can withstand the extreme cold of cryogenics and heat of cookers and steamers, as well as daily washdowns and caustic cleaning agents. Molten glass and metal milling facilities use SlipNOT® because of its ability to withstand extreme temperature ranges. Easy to install, SlipNOT® products create little installation down time. SlipNOT® is a low maintenance, sanitary solution for slippery areas in bottling facilities, freezers, packaging and processing areas, platforms, catwalks, crossovers, and many others.
- Slip Resistant Standards: Trench drain covers meet and exceed all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and are registered slip resistant with Underwriter Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT®’s coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85.
Click the pictures to view different drain covers:
SlipNOT® drain covers are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® trench drains are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant stainless steel drain covers are proven and utilized by fortune 500 food and beverage companies across North America.
Click on the example applications below to learn more:
- Grating trench drains
- Drain Covers for Poultry Processing
- NSF registered floor drain covers
- Stainless steel plate drain covers
- Trench drain covers
- Customer supplied and SlipNOT® coated round covers
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|