SlipNOT® galvanized expanded metal is a low cost, low maintenance, slip resistant and corrosion resistant surface that can be easily retrofitted over existing slippery flooring including grating, diamond plate and smooth plate. Galvanized expanded metal provides a high traction surface in every direction.
- Galvanized expanded metal lengths and widths: 4’x8’, 4’x10’
- Galvanized expanded metal can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surface: Steel Surface on Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finish: Galvanized
- Galvanized expanded metal is available in: Grade 2 (Medium), Grade 3 (Coarse)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Wire Mesh & Expanded and Perforated Metal (05 77 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Standard tolerance: Mill (for stock sizes), +/– 1/8” (for customer specified sizes)
- Style: standard ¾ #9 flattened expanded metal (other styles available)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® galvanized expanded metal varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Advantages: SlipNOT® non-slip galvanized expanded metal is a cost effective slip resistant solution to slippery flooring that is protected against corrosion. Galvanized expanded metal easily retrofits over existing slippery flooring to provide a durable and safe walking surface.
- Availability: SlipNOT® slip resistant galvanized expanded metal can be purchased in stock sheets or can be cut to size and custom formed in order to meet specific project requirements.
- Durability: Galvanized expanded metal coated with SlipNOT® has a file hard surface of between 55 – 63 on the Rockwell “C” scale and has a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi. (Guidelines for Galvanizing)
- Fabrication: Galvanized expanded metal can be sheared, welded, flame cut, torch cut, laser or water jet cut, plasma cut, countersunk and drilled for complete versatility, both in the shop and field. (Fabricating Instructions)
- Retrofitting: The easiest way to retrofit over existing flooring is by tack welding the galvanized expanded metal directly over the slippery surface.
- Slip Resistant Standards: SlipNOT® galvanized expanded metal meets and exceeds all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85.
SlipNOT® galvanized expanded metal is utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example product applications to learn more:
- Anti slip platforms
- Catwalk grating
- Retrofitting solutions
- Access platforms
- Industrial walkways
- Stair treads and landings
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|