SlipNOT® slip resistant expansion joint covers are approved and used by municipalities such as the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Expansion joint covers provide a durable, corrosion resistant, high traction walking surface for pedestrians. Non-slip expansion joint covers are available with beveled edges, center crown, counter sunk holes and corner chamfers per agency specifications. The SlipNOT® surface exceeds FDOT, TxDOT and other agency standards with a coefficient of friction greater than or equal to 0.85. Expansion joint covers are utilized for bridge sidewalks, parking decks, transportation platforms, walkways and other areas public safety is a concern.
- Expansion joint cover thicknesses: ¼” or per specification
- Expansion joint cover widths: 15” (FDOT), 16” (TxDOT) or per specification
- Expansion joint cover lengths: Per specification
- Expansion joint covers can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surface: Steel Surface on Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Galvanized
- Galvanized steel plate is available in: Grade 2 (Medium) or Grade 3 (Coarse)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Expansion Control (07 95 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Available alloys: A-572 or per specification
- Additional options: Expansion joint covers can also be constructed of stainless steel or other alloys, ask a representative for more details.
- Standard tolerance: +0 / -1/8”
- Available with edges beveled, center crown, counter sunk holes and corner chamfers per FDOT, TxDOT or agency standard.
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® products varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Advantages: SlipNOT® expansion joint cover plates are approved and used by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) due to the extreme surface hardness, durability and longevity they provide.
- Availability: SlipNOT® expansion joint covers are custom formed in order to meet specific project requirements.
- Care: The most effective cleaning method is with a steam cleaner or power washer. Debris can be removed with a stiff bristle brush. SlipNOT® recommends testing any chemical cleaning agent on a sample provided by SlipNOT® to verify that it is safe to use on the SlipNOT® surface.
- Durability: Galvanized steel plate has a file hard surface between 55 – 63 on the Rockwell “C” scale and a bond strength of at least 4000 psi.
- Fabrication: Galvanized steel plate can be sheared, welded, flame cut, torch cut, laser or water-jet cut, plasma cut, countersunk, and drilled for complete versatility, both in the shop and field. When fabricating or working with our product, it can be treated like any other metal plate or grating. (Fabricating Specifics) After welding galvanized products together, the welds must be cold galvanized in order to prevent rust.
- Slip Resistant Standards: Galvanized steel expansion joint covers meet and exceed all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT®’s coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85.
- SlipNOT® non-slip expansion joint cover plates far exceed all ADA coefficient of friction requirements.
- See all Standards and Test Results
SlipNOT® products are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example product applications to learn more:
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|