SlipNOT® Metal Safety Flooring manufactures a high traction non-slip perforated steel plate which continually provides drainage and slip resistance in all applications. SlipNOT® perforated steel can be completely submerged in oils, water, greases, fats or any other slick additive and still maintains its slip resistance.
- Perforated steel thicknesses: 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”
- Perforated steel widths: 4’ , 5’
- Perforated steel lengths: 8’, 10’, 12’
- Perforated steel can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surface: Steel Surface on Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill, Painted, Hot Dipped Galvanized
- 1/4” diameter on 3/8” diameter centers
- 3/8” diameter on 9/16” staggered centers
- 1/2” diameter on 11/16” staggered centers
- 9/16” diameter on 3/4” staggered centers
- Customer specified
- A wide variety of hole patterns and options available
- Perforated steel plate is available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium ), Grade 3 (Coarse)
- Margins: Standards minimum margins or customer specific
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Wire Mesh & Expanded and Perforated Metal (05 77 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00), Access Ramps (05 51 20), ADA Tactile Warning Surfaces (32 17 20)
- Available alloys: Carbon, CQ, others available upon request
- Standard tolerances: Mill (for stock sizes) or + / – 1/8” (for customer specified sizes)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® perforated steel varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
Note: Perforation removes about 2/3 of the strength from the plates. Additional supports may be required.
- Advantages: SlipNOT® non-slip perforated steel has an unmatched surface hardness and is extremely durable. Perforated steel plate is ideal for applications where drainage, light and air passage is required. Perforated steel plate flexes when walked on to prevent worker fatigue.
- Availability: Perforated steel is available in stock sizes or manufactured and fabricated to detailed print specifications.
- Care: The most effective cleaning method is with a steam cleaner or power washer. Debris can be removed with a stiff bristle brush. SlipNOT® recommends testing any chemical cleaning agent on a sample provided by SlipNOT® to verify that it is safe to use on the SlipNOT® surface.
- Durability: Perforated steel plate coated with SlipNOT® has file hard surface between 55-63 on the Rockwell “C” scales and a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Fabrication: Steel perforated plate can be sheared welded, flame cut, torch cut, laser or water jet cut, plasma cut, countersunk and drilled for complete versatility, both in the and field.
- Protection: Steel products require a protective finish such as paint or galvanizing. Steel products can rust easily if exposed to moisture of any sorts. Steel products should be primed, painted or hot dipped galvanized to prevent corrosion. Hot dipped galvanizing is the preferred method for corrosion resistance.
- Slip Resistant Standards: Perforated steel meets and exceeds all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85.
SlipNOT® Perforated Steel Plate:
Below is a common example of perforated steel plate. Other styles available upon request.
To view all SlipNOT® product drawings click here.
SlipNOT® perforated plate by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example steel perforated applications to learn more:
- ADA ramps and walking surfaces
- Anti skid bridge decking
- Around machinery
- Cycle safe bridge lanes
- Drainage system
- Fire escapes
- Fire truck platforms
- Mass transit platforms
- Military vehicles
- Pit covers
- Non-skid mezzanines
- Non-slip platforms
- Slip resistant ramps
- Stair Treads
- Truck platforms
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
General Dynamics needed a slip resistant surface for turret baskets that held two marines and ammunition on specialty fighting vehicles. The flooring needed to be slip resistant in order to keep the marines from slipping in mud, water and other elements.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|