SlipNOT® stainless steel plate stair treads are ideal for environments such as food processing and pharmaceutical plants where harsh elements such as grease, oil and cleaning solutions are prominent. Non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads are registered by NSF International due to the ability to provide a chemically resistant, aesthetically pleasing and slip resistant surface.
- Stainless steel plate stair tread thicknesses: 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”
- Stainless steel plate stair tread widths: Customer specific
- Stainless steel plate stair tread lengths: up to 10’
- Stainless steel plate stair treads can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Bend degree: 82°, 90° or to degree angle specified
- Available SlipNOT® surfaces: Stainless Steel Surface on Stainless Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill
- Stainless steel plate stair treads are available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Metal Stair Treads and Nosing (05 55 00), Metal Stairs (05 51 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Available alloys: 304 or 316 (Others available)
- Standard tolerance: Mill (for stock sizes), or + / – ¼” (for customer specified sizes)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® products varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Advantages: Stainless steel stairs are designed to provide a slip resistant surface in environments that contain elements such as grease and oil. Food processing plants, cheese plants and beverage plants, among others, use non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads to provide a sanitary, low maintenance, fully covered flooring solution, whether in new or retrofit applications. SlipNOT® non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads can be retrofit over slippery, dangerous diamond plate and grating.
- Availability: SlipNOT® non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads are custom formed to meet specific project requirements.
- Care: The most effective cleaning method is with a steam cleaner or power washer. Debris can be removed with a stiff bristle brush. If cleaning is a concern, we recommend Grade 1. It is less aggressive, yet it retains the same slip resistant characteristics of our more aggressive Grade 2. SlipNOT® recommends testing any chemical cleaning agent on a sample provided by SlipNOT® to verify that it is safe to use on the SlipNOT® surface.
- Durability: Stainless steel stairs coated with SlipNOT® have a file hard surface of between 55 – 63 on the Rockwell “C” scale and have a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Environments: SlipNOT®’s non-slip stainless steel coated products test for microbiological and fungal matter the same as normal stainless steel products. SlipNOT® premier products can withstand the extreme cold of cryogenics and heat of cookers and steamers, as well as daily washdowns and caustic cleaning agents. Molten glass and metal milling facilities use SlipNOT® because of its ability to withstand extreme temperature ranges. Easy to install, SlipNOT® products create little installation down time. SlipNOT® is a low maintenance, sanitary solution for slippery areas in bottling facilities, freezers, packaging and processing areas, platforms, catwalks, crossovers, and many others.
- Fabrication: Non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads can be formed to specifications with nosings only, risers along with nosings, or formed to a channel. Holes can be provided pre-drilled or can be drilled and countersunk in the field. Non-slip stainless steel plate stair treads are available formed to detail with or without mounting plates. SlipNOT® stainless steel plate stair treads are manufactured to specifications for thickness and depth. (Fabricating Instructions)
- Food Processing: SlipNOT® stainless steel plate stair treads are registered by NSF International and are currently used in food processing plants, cheese plants, poultry processors and beverages plants among others. To see our company listing on the NSF website, click here.
- Application: SlipNOT® stainless steel plate stair treads are easily retrofitted over existing concrete, grating or unsafe diamond checker plate assemblies. Non-slip plate stair treads can be welded directly onto current treads or stringers or can be bolted in place. Mid-point and top formed landings are also available.
- Slip Resistant Standards: SlipNOT® stainless stairs meet and exceed all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85. (Standards and Test Requirements)
SlipNOT® Plate Stair Treads:
Below are common examples of stair treads. Custom fabrication available.
SlipNOT® stainless steel stairs are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example product applications to learn more:
- Anti-slip industrial stairway
- Dock Stairway
- Mezzanine stairway
- Non-slip airplane stairway
- School stairway
- Slip resistant commercial stairway
- Slip resistant ship/marine stairway
- Rolling stair platforms and landings
- Cross over platforms
- Water & wastewater stair treads
- Packing platform lines
- Enclosed, semi-enclosed and open stairways
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|