SlipNOT® steel road plates are ideal for high traffic areas that can become slippery with water, oil, gasoline and other substances. SlipNOT® traffic plates can be used to cover open trenches, sinkholes, and areas of road construction. They can quickly restore a jobsite back to pre-project conditions by bridging open excavations and trenches dug for drainage, cables, gas mains or water mains. SlipNOT® non-skid steel road plates can be used as a permanent structure or may be moved along as work progresses. SlipNOT® manufactures innovative solutions for utilities, from crossing plates to highway traffic plates.
Steel Road Plate Information:
- Steel road plate thicknesses: 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” typically
- Steel road plate widths: 4’, 5’, 6’
- Steel road plate lengths: 8’, 10’, 12’
- Portable roadways can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surface: Steel Surface on Steel
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill, Painted or Galvanized
- Steel road plates are available in: Grade 3 (Coarse)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Metal Floor Plates (05 54 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Standard tolerance: Mill (for stock sizes), +/ – 1/8’’ (for customer specified sizes)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® products varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
Steel Road Plate Features:
- Advantages: Road plates do not wear smooth or flake off after years of high traffic use. SlipNOT® steel road plates are ideal in areas where frequent use or exposure to slippery environments increases the risk of accidents and potential public access liability problems.
- Durability: Road plates coated with SlipNOT® have a file hard surface of between 55 – 63 on the Rockwell “C” scale and have a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Slip Resistant Standards: SlipNOT® steel road plates meet and exceed all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85. (Standards and Test Requirements)
- Fabrication: Road plates can be supplied with lifting handles. (Fabricating Instructions)
- SlipNOT® road plates far exceeds all ADA requirements.
SlipNOT® products are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the example applications below to learn more:
- Portable roadways
- Trench shoring plates
- Construction sites
- Highway plates
- Residential street and crosswalk plates
- Among others
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|