SlipNOT® slip resistant aluminum stair nosings drastically improve the safety of existing stairs by retrofitting over slippery unsafe stair treads.SlipNOT® aluminum nosing is ideal for applications which require a lightweight but durable material. SlipNOT® anti-skid nosing provides safety to the area of stairs that becomes worn easily due to heavy traffic.
- Aluminum stair nosing thicknesses: 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”, or thicker
- Aluminum stair nosing widths: customer specific
- Aluminum stair nosing lengths: up to 10′
- Aluminum stair nosings can be custom fabricated to meet job specifications
- Available SlipNOT® surface: Aluminum Surface on Aluminum, Stainless Steel Surface on Aluminum, Steel Surface on Aluminum
- Available SlipNOT® finishes: Mill or Painted
- Aluminum stair nosings are available in: Grade 1 (Fine), Grade 2 (Medium), Grade 3 (Coarse-Steel surface only)
- Div 5 CSI Classification Code: Metal Stair Treads and Nosing (05 55 00), Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal (05 05 13), Common Metal Materials (05 05 00)
- Standard tolerance: Mill (for stock sizes), +/ – 1/8’’ (for customer specified sizes)
- LEED: The recycled content of SlipNOT® products varies depending on the source of the substrate. However, based off of an average provided by the mills and vendors we use most often, SlipNOT® products have a minimum of 40% recycled content and up to 83% recycled content. By specifying SlipNOT® products your project may be eligible for LEED credits. For more information please visit our green products page.
- Advantages: SlipNOT® non-slip aluminum stair nosings drastically improve the safety of all treads and stairs.
- Availability: Aluminum nosings are available in stock sizes or can be manufactured and fabricated to fit detailed job specifications.
- Durability: Aluminum stair nosings coated with aluminum SlipNOT® have a bond strength of 2,000 psi. If coated with steel or stainless steel SlipNOT® aluminum nosings have a bond strength of at least 4,000 psi.
- Fabrication: Nosings can be cut by any means required, torched, sawed, sheared, etc. (Fabricating Instructions)
- Installation: Nosings can be bolted or embedded into concrete steps to create permanent safety. Nosings can be provided with countersunk holes or with anchors such as J-hooks or Nelson studs, welded per your specifications. Grating tread nosings weld directly into tread assemblies.
- Slip Resistant Standards: SlipNOT® aluminum nosing meet and exceed all the requirements for an ASTM / ANSI slip resistant surface and is registered slip resistant with Underwriters Laboratories per the UL 410 standard. SlipNOT® coefficient of friction is greater than or equal to 0.85. (Standards and Test Requirements)
SlipNOT® Stair Nosing:
Below are examples of common nosings. Custom fabrication available.
SlipNOT® aluminum stair nosings are utilized by countless industries for a vast array of applications. SlipNOT® products are fabricated to meet detailed specifications and can meet the requirements of the most complex projects. SlipNOT® slip resistant products are proven and utilized by fortune 500 companies across North America.
Click on the aluminum stair nosings product applications to learn more:
- Anti-slip industrial stairway
- Marine/ship stairs
- Non-slip mezzanine stair nosings
- School stair nosings
- Slip resistant industrial stair nosings
- Replace diamond plate
- Nosing on public access recreational areas
- Rennovating rubber stairways
- Commercial stairs
To view all SlipNOT® applications click here.
The designers of the Spadina WaveDeck project needed a slip resistant solution for nosing on the edge of the WaveDeck. Stainless steel flat bar was chosen for the application because of its aesthetically pleasing appeal, non-slip properties and corrosion resistance.
SlipNOT® case studies educate customers and prospects on how SlipNOT® products are utilized in various fields. The versatility of SlipNOT® products is proven through these safety solutions:
|Technical Information||What is SlipNOT®?||Learn More|