Diamond plate has been used in various industries for many different applications. Diamond plate has been unsuccessful in meeting the standards set for slip resistance, resulting in slip and fall accidents that can be prevented by installing proper walking surfaces. The checklist below offers some alternatives to slick diamond plate and how to choose the one that best fits your needs.
Expanded metal is the best solution is the following applies to your application:
- A cost efficient solution needed: Expanded metal coated with a slip resistant coating can increase traction and can be installed over existing diamond plate without having to replace the existing diamond plate completely.
- Stock sizes or a custom sizes required: Expanded metal ordered in stock sizes can be fabricated later on for installation in the field or ordered in specific sizes to be easily installed on site.
- The application requires drainage: Expanded metal can be retrofitted over existing slick grating to provide the drainage needed while the slip resistant surface retains traction.
Perforated plate is ideal if:
- The application calls for a flat surface with drainage capabilities: Perforated plate combines the drainage of grating with the high traction surface of plate. Applying a slip resistant surface can increase the traction without impairing the drainage properties of the plate.
- A cost efficient alternative to grating needed: Perforated plate is a lighter, more cost efficient alternative to bar grating. Drainage is still possible and the perforated plate can be ordered with a variety of hole spacing options.
- The application calls for a specific size of perforated plate or fabricationcan be done later in the field: Perforated plate can be ordered in stock sizes to be customized later on or can be ordered in sizes that meet specific job specifications. Perforated plate can be used for stairs, ramps, mezzanines and many other applications.
Floor plate may be the best option is the bullets below are true to your application:
- The application calls for a completely slip resistant surface: Floor plates are an alternative for slippery diamond plate. With a non-slip surface applied, floor plates can increase traction in any environment, reducing slips and falls.
- The plate will be located in an area where grease, moisture and other lubricants are prevalent: Floor plates with the non-slip surface can provide a safe walking and working surface for employees where these lubricants can cause slips and falls, therefore reducing the time spent away from work due to injuries.
- The application needs a mix of stock sizes and custom sizes: Like perforated plate and expanded metal, floor plate can be ordered in stock sizes or fabricated to meet specifications. Floor plate has been used for bridges, roadways, in steel mills and in countless other industries and applications.
No matter the application, applying the SlipNOT® non skid surface to floor plate, perforated plate andexpanded metal will increase surface traction and keep workers on their feet.